Pizza base, topped with crunchy onions, black olives, sweet corn, spicy jalapenos and melted cheese, drizzled with olive oil.
Fun to eat pizza for all occasions especially for them who like their pizza in a gourmet way. Balance of flavors between spicy jalapenos and black olives and to keep it healthy a drizzle of olive oil(preferably extra virgin olive oil).
- 2 pizza bases
- 250 gm(3) tomatoes-blanched(put in how water and peeled) and chopped finely
- 1/2 cup tomato puree
- 4-5 flakes garlic-crushed
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 onion- cut into half and then cut into thin rounds to get semi circles
- 1 capsicum- cut into 4 and then cut thinly width wise to get thin strips
- 1/2 cup cooked fresh corn or thinly sliced baby corn
- A few slices of pickled jalapenos
- 10-15 black or green olives-cut into slices
- 200 gm mozzarella cheese, grated
- Brush pizza base with butter or olive oil. Bake a preheated oven at 180 C or 350 F for 10 minutes.
- For tomato sauce, heat oil in a pan. Add garlic. Stir and immediately add all other ingredients of the sauce. Bring to boil. Lower the heat and simmer on low heat for 7-8 minutes, stirring occasionally until it is reduced in quantity and thick enough to spread without being runny. Remove sauce from fire.
- Spread 1tbsp melted butter or olive oil over each pizza base, covering the edges.
- Spoon some tomato sauce over pizza base, leaving 1/2″ all around the edges.
- Sprinkle some grated cheese on each base.
- Sprinkle onions. Sprinkle some capsicum, corn and jalapenos too.
- Sprinkle left over mozzarella cheese. Arrange olives. Drizzle some olive oil.
- Bake at 180 C for 15 minutes until golden and crisp.
Holla, your Exotic pizza is ready.. Serve hot with coke or any other cold drink. 🙂
- Green Pizza with Broccoli, Pesto, Spinach and Goat Cheese (seattlefoodshed.wordpress.com)
- Quick & Easy Tomato Sauce (inanirishhome.wordpress.com)
- How to make classic Italian homemade pizza (margherita tutorial) (chefandsteward.com)